Seamless gutters offer unique advantages that make them worthy of consideration when your gutters are up for replacement. In this blog, the home improvement contractors at Independent Construction Services discuss the advantages of seamless gutters.
- Custom Fit — Seamless gutters are fashioned on-site to match the roof’s dimensions, which means every single seamless gutter installation is a perfect fit. With custom gutters, you have the assurance that the gutters will be of the correct size relative to the roof. Waste material from trimmings during installation will also be kept to a minimum. Also, the lack of seams can be aesthetically appealing.
- Low Maintenance — Gutter leaks usually happen at joints and seams, when caulking and fasteners get worn out. The fewer joints and seams there are, the less maintenance requirements will be. Seamless gutters eliminate joints and seams along the gutter trough, which reduces their maintenance requirements. This leads to less time spent on cleaning and maintenance.
- Fewer Clogs — In addition to leaks, joints are prone to clogs. A few twigs and needles stuck on the joints can lead to debris buildup over time, which is less likely to happen on seamless gutters. You can even make it less likely to happen when you include a gutter protection system with your new gutter installation.
- Low Probability of Rust — Seamless gutters are typically made of aluminum, which means they’re less likely to get rusty from prolonged exposure to the elements, even if the outer coating chips or peels for some reason. Additionally, you can opt for more durable options like copper, which does not require any kind of coating. In fact, copper is unique in that it develops a green patina which becomes even more beautiful over time.
- It Has a Longer Life Span — With reduced maintenance requirements, seamless gutters are expected to last longer than sectional ones, giving you better value with a single gutter replacement.
Independent Construction Services is the area’s leading provider of gutter and residential roofing services. Give us a call at (828)-808-8482 or fill out our contact form. We serve customers in Asheville, NC, and nearby areas.